Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Procrastination and Goals

Well, here I sit, in the library. I should be working on my health final, but No! I am instead blogging. Can you tell it is the end of the semester and I am just done! I can do it. Today is the last day of classes, and then we have reading days and then finals, and then next week I move to Wyoming.

I am having some bitter sweet feelings about moving back home. I love that there is no rent, free food, a possible job waiting for me, I get to spend time with my parents, and that I get to relax and just read what I want. I don't like that it is still cold there and that it will probably snow while I am home, that I have to pack everything up and then unpack it again, that none of my friends will be home (we are all getting old and moving on to bigger and better things), and that I have to leave my sister and her cute family and my wonderful friends. Not to mention the fact that Wyoming is BORING! Anyways it will be a good change, I just need to embrace it (and take many trips to Provo).

Yesterday it finally sunk in that I am going to New Zealand. I was sitting in my apartment watching Biggest Loser (they were in New Zealand) and once I saw how beautiful it was there I got excited. There was some screaming, some jumping up and down, and some dancing. It also sunk in when I went and talked to my advisor. We started filling out the deferment papers and everything and I finally started registering for class. So far I am up to 8 credits (I need 12). Any ideas of what I can take. I have my TESOL practicum, Foundations of Education, CPSE 300 (I don't know what that class is called), and a Religion Class. AHHHH!!!! I'm going to New Zealand.

This morning when I woke up I decided that I needed to drink more water. So that is my goal for today, drink water. I have a water bottle and I am bound and determined that I am going to drink 5 of them. Yep, you heard me. 5 Water bottles. I am now on bottle 3 and it is is only 11 a.m. I can totally do this. I also decided that I need to stop eating junk all the time. I'm doing good on that one too! My teacher bought us donuts today and I didn't eat one! Can you say self control. I am going to accomplish this goal today and then I'm going to make it a goal everyday! Wahoo!

Well I should stop procrastinating and start my health final. My goal is to have it done today. I don't care how long I am in the library for. I am going to finish it and drink my 5 bottles of water! Wish me Luck!


This is me in the library yesterday. Again PROCRASTINATION! 


“Success in any endeavor requires single-minded attention to detail and total concentration.”

2 comments:

  1. You're cute Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah! This is my favorite quote "Can you tell it is the end of the semester and I am just done!"
    Sounds like what I've been saying for some time now hahahaha.
    K, I didn't know you were going to New Zealand??? will you be back next semester? Or will i not see you until graduation??

    ReplyDelete