On November 22, 2011, I got a phone call from my dad and my sister telling me that my mom had been taken to the hospital in Evanston by ambulance (about 30 minutes away). Not long after getting off the phone with them I got another call telling me that they would be life flighting my mom to the University of Utah Hospital. My mom had a severe infection in her leg and the doctor told us that in order to save her life they would have to amputate her leg. I didn't know if she would make it through the surgery. That was over a month ago and she is still here with us. She has her ups and downs and the doctors keep finding things that are wrong. She has had a ton of surgeries, a trachestomy, many different infections, and a ton of other things.
All while this was going on I still had school, and I moved to my sisters house, and I had finals, plus Thanksgiving, and Christmas! YIKES
If that wasn't enough to turn your life upside down, I am currently sitting in the San Francisco Airport waiting for my 7 pm flight to Auckland New Zealand. I will be there for the next three months. I will admit right now, the timing SUCKS! I hate leaving my mom and dad and sister and the rest of my family. I wish I could take them all with me or change the timing, or make my mom better right now. Now all I can do is rely on the Lord that he will take care of everyone for me while I am gone. It was the hardest thing to get on that plane today I was crying, my dad was crying, It was not a good thing. But like my Uncle Kelly said, I'm an Atkinson and I can do hard things! I just need to remember my motto that I posted awhile ago
I CAN DO HARD THINGS!
So here is to a new adventure at the crappiest time ever! I will try to keep you updated on here, or through email! I love you all and miss everyone like crazy! Keep praying for my mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment