Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Glenarchy!

Tuesday January 31, 2012 
Queenstown just keeps getting more and more beautiful! This is what I have been waiting for, being able to see New Zealand without having school or anything else hanging over my head. Today we woke up at about 8 and got ready for the day! The plan for today was to drive to Glenarchy! Glenarchy is where a bunch of the Lord of the Rings scenes were filmed. It was so beautiful and I recognized a few of them! It was great! 











When we got back we took yet another nap, traveling is exhausting, and then we headed out to walk around town! I found so many things that I want to buy! I need to be careful because I have to get them home. After walking around we ran into a bunch of our girls and we decided to go down to the bar and have dinner. I had pizza and chips (fries) which actually weren’t that bad! YAY! I also had this drink called L&P, it is like a mix of sprite and ginger ale! It WAS AMAZING! 


Because we saw so many of the LotR sites we decided to watch the movie! We went up to the movie room at the Hostel and watched it with a bunch of people that we didn’t know! I forgot how much I loved those movies! I will be watching them all and reading the books as soon as I get home! 


No comments:

Post a Comment