Thursday, February 9, 2012

Lake Wanaka and Fergburger!

Thursday, February 2, 2012 
Today we woke up and headed to Lake Wanaka! It is quite a drive outside of Queenstown but is way worth it! It was beautiful (okay, all of New Zealand is beautiful) and very peaceful. We just hung out on the beach and walked around the shops. Then a couple of us, decided to rent out a paddle boat for a little bit and ride around on the lake. It was fun! They even had a bigger boat so 4 of us could go out! I seriously could live by the water. I didn’t think I was a water person, but this trip has taught me differently! I don’t know what I am going to do when I get back to Wyoming. We don’t have water like this! 












As soon as we got back to Queenstown we headed to the Nevis store to book our times on the World’s Largest Swing! Let me tell you about this swing. it is 160 meters in the air. The rope its self is 120 meters long. You free fall for 70 meters and swing in a 300 meter arc (that is over 3 rugby fields, and football fields!). I was totally content with not doing it! I was worried that I would lose my glasses and it just didn’t sound appealing. But the more I thought about the more I knew I needed to go! I needed to get over that fear. I knew that if I rode on the world’s largest swing I could do anything (or at least I hoped). So I went to the store with all the girls and I paid the money to go on it! There is no getting your money back if you don’t go, so hopefully I don’t chicken out tomorrow. YIKES! Wish me luck! I am freaking out big time and might not be able to sleep tonight! This may be the very last post from me! Haha, just kidding! 









For dinner a couple of us went to Fergburger. It is as you probably guessed, a burger place, but the burgers are amazing and HUGE! I ate one by myself and might not need food for the rest of my life! UGH! I am so full, but oh boy was it good! YUMMY YUMMY! 





WIsh me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment