On March 9 we woke up early and headed to the train station. On the agenda for the day Bungy jumping. The majority of the girls had decided that they were going to go bungy jumping off the Auckland Harbor Bridge. I decided to go along for the ride. I was able to walk out underneath the bridge with them and watch them all do it! It was insane and I can't believe they did it! I'm not going to lie, it kind of looked like fun but I know I would be freaking out if it was me. The walk on the bridge was amazing. I loved being over the harbor and being able to see the city in the distance! New Zealand is such a beautiful place!
After we went bungy jumping, Steph and I decided to walk around Auckland and look at some souvenir shops. We had a lot of fun just taking in the city. I love the city so much. My favorite part is that when you cross the street you can go in any direction that you want. We also saw a street performer that was pretending to be a statue! IT was so neat! We walked up to the sky tower and I watched someone jump off. It was INSANE. I can't believe I am going to do that. I have to wait until the last week, so hopefully I can fit it in. We also ran into the art museum for a few minutes it was neat.
| Standing right below the Sky Tower looking up. This is the building I am going to jump of, about 630 ft! YIKES! |
| Street Performer! |
On Saturday, March 10, we woke up and got ready to go gliding. Our host dad flies gliders planes on the weekends. It is his hobby. I was freaking out. These planes don't have engines. They basically are relying on the air currents to stay up. If there is a warm air current you go up, if there isn't, you go down. You are towed up by another airplane and when you get to the desired altitude they let you go. I was freaking out until we started taking off. Then I was fine after that. It really was such a neat experience. I loved it. The views were amazing and it was fun to see New Zealand from a different perspective. The day that we went the conditions weren't ideal. We were basically coming down the entire time. I am so glad that I got the opportunity to go up! If I could I would definitely go again! Most of the pictures we took from up in the plane are on my host sisters camera and she is away for the week. Those will have to wait for another day.
| Being told what everything means. |
| Buckled in and ready to go! Holding on for dear life! |
| Here we go! |
| The plane that pulls you up! |
| Up in the Sky. |
| Coming down. |
| Coming Down! |
I love being able to go and do these exciting adventures! I will never forget them!
No comments:
Post a Comment