March 31, 2012
Today we woke up to more bad weather! We were going to go to Ian, our science professors house to have lunch and hang out on his beach, but the weather did not want to co-operate so we headed to Keri-Keri to go and watch a movie. I chose to go and watch John Carter! Not the greatest idea. The movie was entertaining, but not in a good way. I was laughing at all the serious parts! Oh well!
After the movie we headed back to Paihia and just hung out! When it got dark we all headed into the ocean to go swimming! It was the coolest thing ever! WE GLOWED IN THE DARK! How cool is that!? Why we did, I do not know, but it was AWESOME!
I love New Zealand! It is going to be so hard to leave!
April 1, 2012
April Fools Day! Today we woke up and walked across the street from the hostel to church. The building was very small and humble, but the spirit that we felt was amazing! It was so great! Sid Going, the famous All Blacks player, was in this branch and I got to shake his hand and meet is 104 year old mum! She was a very funny lady.
After church we were invited by the Browns, a family in that branch to come over to their house to make dinner! They were so kind and loving! The dad of the family made us Maori fry bread and it was delicious! Yum! Their daughter, works at the Treaty of Waitangi grounds and decided to sneak us in and give us a tour! It was entertaining and very informational! I learned so much about the Maori culture!
No comments:
Post a Comment