January 8, 2012
Today was our first Sunday in New Zealand! What an experience. Church was wonderful! The people were so kind and were so excited to have us in their ward. The thing that I love about our gospel is that you can go anywhere and even if the building doesn’t look the same and the people don’t sound the same the GOSPEL IS STILL TRUE. You can still feel the spirit of those that are around you.
It was a really neat experience today because there are a lot of people that have a hard time speaking English. We had people praying and bearing their testimonies in different languages and even though I couldn’t understand them they were very powerful.
Today I also got to skype with my entire family, except my mom! It was so good to see them all and talk to them. I have been able to skype with my sister a few times, but my dad went back to Wyoming to work and he doesn’t have skype there. Luckily we set him up an email so we will be able to keep in touch that way. I also got to talk to my adorable nephew and niece! I love and miss them sooo much! They were telling me that they got snow today and built a snowman! How fun! They are so cute!
That is one thing that has surprised me while I am here, the weather. I figured it would be unbelievably hot and humid. The humidity hasn’t bothered me at all and it hasn’t been very hot. In fact I have worn a jacket the entire time. It will probably start getting a lot warmer soon, but for right now it is kind of cool and rainy.
Love you all!
I will post again tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment