Monday, January 9, 2012

One Day at a Time!

January 9, 2012

Okay, now we are back on schedule! I hope everyone had a wonderful Sunday. Today was a good Monday for me. Isn’t it crazy how that works! Let me fill you in on what happened last night. 
Last night we were able to attend a missionary farewell. They do them very differently here then they do at home. At home they usually speak in Sacrament meeting and that is about all you ever see about it. This one was after church, about 7 pm that night. The boy that was going on his mission was Samoan. The first song that we sang was in Samoan. Of course I didn’t sing because I don’t know Samoan, but it was a familiar song, “We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet.” so I knew what the translation was. It was amazing to hear it in another language. After that this young man’s father and grandmother spoke is Samoan. Again I had no idea what they said but it was very powerful! After that they set David (the new missionary) apart. I have never been there when they do that, so that was very interesting. Then he spoke. When he was done Stephanie and I went up and told him congratulations. He will be going to the Philippines, but first he has to go to the Provo, MTC. We told him that it had just snowed there and he had a look of shock on his face. It is like we are changing lives for awhile. He will be going to where I am most comfortable and I will be here where he is most comfortable. Crazy to think about.
Today was just school. We had our literacy class and our assessment class. The assessment class is a refresher course for me because I took the TESOL assessment class about 2 years ago. It is good to be reminded of all of those things that I learned. Tomorrow my roommate Stephanie and I will be teaching about usefulness in assessment. 
Tonight we went to FHE at Ramona Cutri’s house. It was so much fun to just hang out with them. We had a spiritual thought about the importance of reading the book of Mormon and then we wrote to the missionaries that are in their ward. I have no idea who they were but it was fun to write to them anyways. Afterward we ate “pudding”, or ice cream (all desert). It was delicious. I had chocolate coconut or something like that, and I had a Carmel tim tam! YUMMY! Ramona’s husband Chris then gave me a blessing. It was a beautiful blessing and it made me feel a lot better. I think things are going to get a lot better. I just need to remember to take things ONE DAY AT A TIME! This is my new motto along with I CAN DO HARD THINGS! 

Stephanie and I with our Airwave gum. It has a very strong cough drop almost flavor. 


Writing letters to the missionaries! 

Our wonderful Director and her Husband! 

Love you lots, 
Em 

No comments:

Post a Comment