Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'll Huff and I'll Puff and I'll Blow your Paperclip Away!

January 17. 2012 
Halfway done with Maths! Wahoo! Today we did a lot of activities that were fun! Most of them involved solving problems in some way or form. Some included actual numbers that we needed to come up with and some didn’t involve numbers at all. 

We did a three little pigs activity where we had estimate how many blows it would take to move the objects 1 meter. It was really funny to watch everyone lying on the floor blowing like crazy trying to get a paperclip, a rubber band, a pencil, and a leaf to move across the floor. We were so dizzy by the end. 


Trying to blow a rubber band across the floor! A lot harder than it looks, but it can be done!  



Can I just tell you how good my hair looks today! YAY! 
We also did an activity by tracing our feet. We talked about how a foot came about. It was first developed by a king and it was the length of his foot. Then we talked about how an inch came about. If a man puts his thumb down it usually is an inch. Well then we drew our feet and started seeing what parts of our body compared. Then we had to trace six copies of our foot and tape them together to see if that equaled our height. Nope it didn’t, but I was still the tallest in the class. Do you know what that means? I have the biggest feet! It was a lot of fun. Who knew such activities existed to make math fun!


I'm a lot taller than 6 of my feet put together! 



Tonight we have just been dealing with homework and some unwanted creepy crawly guests. Want to know what they are? You will have to email me to find out! 

Oh guess what! It rained, AGAIN! Are you surprised, because I’m not any more! 

Well off to get stuff ready for tomorrow! 

Love you All! 
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment