January 16, 2012
Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day! While you guys are all enjoying the day off, I will be sitting in school, because MLKjr day was today and just because we are American students doesn’t mean we get our holidays off! Oh well I guess.
Today was the adventure into the world of New Zealand maths. Can I just tell you how much I was absolutely dreading this day! I love math, but not an entire day of nothing but. We have a new teacher her name is Helen and she is a little hard to understand, but she is hilarious. Although I had a heck of a time paying attention (I didn’t sleep well last night so I was exhausted), we did have some fun. We played a lot of different math games that were entertaining. Let’s just say that I am terrible at mental math. It is something that I have never been very good at (just ask my dad). All of the games were really fast paced and had to do with mental math. Ugh! I made it through them though, after saying many stupid answers.
| Steph trying to figure out where all the math problems go! |
| Our class! Working very hard! |
| Trying to figure out where all the problems Go. My hair looks disgusting! Don't judge! |
After school we ran home to check our email again. I emailed Alice a couple of things because she is turning in my student teaching/intern application for me. Besides that I didn’t have any emails. Come on guys what is up with that (just teasing). I did get to chat with Marjorie for a little bit! I miss that girl so much! I miss everyone like crazy!
For some odd reason I pulled out my journal tonight. I have been writing faithfully every night, but I have been typing my entries because it is a lot faster. I decided to read back through everything from the last semester. It is really interesting to see how much my life has changed since last November (the last time I wrote). I was so excited to go to New Zealand. I wrote on many occasions that I would have gladly paid double if I could just get out of Provo at that very instant and come here to New Zealand. Isn’t it funny how now I am the opposite. It is amazing how homesick I am and how much I want to go back to that place I didn’t enjoy last semester. Everything works in very mysterious ways.
Tonight for dinner we had, Satay chicken. It was so very delicious. It is some kind of peanut sauce. Dave put it over the chicken, put the chicken on kabobs and then baked them! I loved the taste (surprisingly). I am very proud of myself for trying all of these new things! Go me!
Two weeks from today we will be heading to the South island, also two weeks from today I left Utah to come here! Has anyone figured out this odd time difference yet?! It still messes with my head.
Well I need to go write in my journal (or my J as Ben Smith would call it!) =)
I love and miss you all like crazy! Enjoy your day off, have lots of fun for me!
Love,
Em
No comments:
Post a Comment