Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Chroni-what-cles of Narnia!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 
Another Amazing Day in New Zealand! This morning we woke up and headed to Castle Rock, where the final battle scene of the Chronicles of Narnia, the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe was filmed! It was beautiful! Again the drive there reminded me of Wyoming! Lots of brown grass and farms! The rocks at Castle Rock were the coolest thing Ever! I climbed up over so many different rocks to get pictures. I climbed down into a hole in order to get a picture and then couldn’t get out! It took me a minute but I finally did and guess what! I have a battle wound from Narnia! How cool is that! 














After walking around and hiking around, I realized that I really love to hike! I should do that more often. I might have to go and find some cool trails up in my mountains in Wyoming when I get home! 

Me and the other Emily finally walked down to the cars where everyone was waiting for us. We loaded up and headed to the cave. The plan was to hike through this cave that apparently had a river running through it! We were told it was really really cool! So we all go flashlights. Laced up our tennis shoes and started down the mountain to the cave. The very first thing you do is go into the water that is above your waist and you wade through it! It was so cold but amazing! Then we trekked through the rest of the cave, up waterfalls, over slippery rocks, in total darkness until we reached the end. I was almost at the end of the line, only Ramona and her husband Chris were behind me! I had a flashlight but Ramona didn’t so I would shine the light ahead of me, take a few steps and then shine it for Ramona! It was a long process but we made it! At a few points we turned our lights off and were in total darkness! It seriously reminded me of being in the mine with my dad and being in total darkness. Oddly enough I love that feeling! I may just need to work in the mines for awhile! The end was the hardest part of the entire trip! You have to balance on this waterfall and then stretch and grab the metal rungs of this ladder that has been put there to help you get out. I got to the rungs no problem, but I was really shaky and my hands were wet and cold and slippery. I started climbing up and then one of the girls said Emily smile for a picture. I stopped, my hand slipped and I had a moment where I thought I was going to fall! Luckily I didn’t! I made it to the top and then I had to crawl through a tight crevice to get out. Unfortunately I had to crawl on my knees and that really hurt but I made it! Wahoo! 






Apparently tonight a couple of Chris’s students are flying into Christchurch. They are staying with the Cutri family until they can pick up their camper van tomorrow! What are the odds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment