Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Luge and H2OGO

March 24, 2012 
Today we woke up, kind of early, but not too bad, and headed to the store to buy food. Nothing too exciting! We then headed back to the house, got ready for the day and headed to the Gondola and Luge. I was super excited to try this. Ever since I have been on the swing I have kind of liked doing things that I normally don’t enjoy. I was excited to ride the luge. Basically they were these little go cart things that you ride down. You have the option of going really fast or slowing yourself down. It was great. Unfortunately I only got to go down 4 times instead of the 5 like everyone else, but that’s okay. No big deal. It was great. I rode the ski lift up (what you ride up after the luge) with this very nice man from Ireland. He told me that I needed to go and visit. One day I will. I would love to go and see where my family comes from. He asked me where in Ireland my family was from and what our name was. I told him McNeil and he said, yes I know quite a few. That is one of the oldest Clans in Ireland! =) It was fun to talk to him. 








After the luge we loaded up the vans and headed to go Zorbing. Now, I am not quite sure how to describe this, but basically you have a big giant ball, with another ball inside. They then put water in the ball and you dive head first into it. You then make the ball move and go down a hill. It was like being in a giant water slide. I rode with 2 other girls, Stephanie and Brittany. It was great. I don’t know if I have ever laughed so much in my entire life! Entertaining much, definitely! We went Zorbing at a company called Ogo! The man that runs this company actually invented Zorbing and then got out and decided to get back into the business. He called his business Ogo and tweaked the balls slightly. During my second run the guys told all of the girls that they could get run over by the ball if they wanted to. So they all laid down and the ball ran over them. When we got out we were told that the other group ran over the girls. I was slightly jealous that I didn’t get to try, so he told us we could do it again. I laid down on the grass and here came the ball, right over top of me. It hurt my head just a little, but it was still AWESOME! 




















I loved Zorbing! It may be my favorite thing so far. I would definitely recommend it to everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment