Friday, March 4, 2011

I love 2nd grade!

Yesterday was my first day in 2nd grade! I was all sorts of nervous, but I LOVE IT! My kids are just so cute and so funny. I am loving getting to know all of their personalities and little quirks! I just can't help but smile when I am around them! They just all make my day! 

Here are some of the funny things they have said. I love that they aren't afraid to say what is on their minds. 

* This little girl is named Emeri! She saw my name tag today and said your name is Emily. My name is Emeri. Emeri, Emily they are almost the same, well not really, but they are, but not! 

*Another little girl! How old are you? Me: I'm 20. Girl: Wow you are kind of old, are you married? Me: Nope! Girl: Oh well you probably should be, but I guess that is your decision. I'm going to be married way before I get to be 20 years old. 

* During their morning routine, while they were all sitting on the rug. The teacher, looked under this kids desk and found an empty 1 pound thing of Turkey. She asked him what it was and he said he got hungry so he brought it for a snack when they went to the planetarium. (I don't know when they went). The teacher started laughing and said wait a minute you were sitting by me, why didn't you share with me and how did I not know that you had that. We all laughed for a couple minutes about that one! 

*During Math I was helping this little girl. She was subtracting 17-8. She told me the answer was 8. I asked her what 8+8 was and she told me 1. I looked at her and she said, oh I mean 9. I looked at her again and she started laughing and fell on the floor! Then I asked her again and she said that it was 16 and then she easily solved the problem (the answer was 9 not 8). Then she said I just get crazy sometimes! 

*One little boy informed me that it is better to have a healthy breakfast like oatmeal, instead of diet coke or mountain dew because those make you crazy! 

Since it is March, each student has a leprechauns. I can't remember how many times I was told that a leprechaun was sitting on my head! They have so much fun writing about them and telling me about them. 

My 2nd graders are just so cute and I love them too death! =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment