May songbirds serenade you every step along the way.
May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue.
And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.
Irish Blessing
What a beautiful day! The sun is shining and it is finally warm! I love this kind of weather. I wish it could be like this all the day! Spring and Fall are definitely my favorite seasons! They aren't hot, but they aren't cold either! Today I decided that I have been cooped up inside for way to long. I needed to be in the sunshine. I decided to go sit out by our pool (which is still covered and gross looking) and study for my test. 2 hours later and a fairly decent first sunburn of the year I felt a ton better. It is amazing how much better your life is when you aren't cooped up in a drab apartment all day. I can't wait for it to be warm all the time.
Yesterday was my last day with my 2nd graders. It was so hard to leave them. I was fighting back tears the entire day. This was one of the greatest things I have ever done. My students were darling and taught me so much. At the beginning of the semester I didn't think that I was cut out to be a teacher. I was honestly contemplating changing my major (I wasn't going to because I am to far into it). After this last month, I know for a fact that teaching is for me. I loved every minute of it, even the temper tantrums, bathroom accidents, sicknesses, and attitudes that those students gave me. It is amazing that you can become attached to someone in such a short amount of time. All my little kids kept asking if I had to go and asked if they could just go with me. It is reassuring that they loved me that much. I didn't mess up their lives. =) I will miss my kids so much, but I am looking forward to my next adventure.
For the next couple of weeks I have to go back to my classes at BYU. Luckily the semester is almost over. I hate going up to campus because I feel like I don't belong anymore. As soon as the semester is over I will be heading back to Wyoming to work for the summer. I have a lot of plans for this summer and I am excited. I will be going to quite a few weddings of some very close friends. One of them is one of my best friends from home, Lexie. She has always been there for me. We have been friends since we were little! We were always playing at each other's house (she lives down the street from me). I am so excited for her and her soon to be husband!
![]() |
| Super old picture of me and Lexie |
![]() |
| Christie and I! |
![]() |
| Christie, Jordyn and I. Newspaper Prank! |
The other wedding that I will be going to his my freshman roommates. Jordyn and I were inseparable our first year at BYU. We did everything together. Unfortunately she transferred to BYUH because she wanted to be closer to her family and the major she wanted was there (She is from Hawaii and is a Marine Biology Major). I am lucky enough to be going to her wedding in Hawaii in June. I can't wait. I haven't seen her in 2 years! I will be going to Hawaii in less than 80 days! AHHH!!! Now I just need to buy a plane ticket.
![]() |
| John, Me, Jordyn, Peter |
For the rest of the summer I will be working at FMC (hopefully) and hanging out with my family. We of course will be making a lot of trips to Utah to see my sister and her family. I will also come a couple of times and hang out with some friends that are staying here in Provo. It is also my birthday in July. I will be 21. Wow! Harry Potter comes out in July so I will be going to that of course! And I will get to see some friends that i haven't seen since freshman year! I am so excited for this summer!
I am still waiting to here about New Zealand. Hopefully I will hear next week, but it could possibly be the next. We will see what happens.
This weekend is conference! I am so excited! I love conference so much.
Oh I forgot to mention that I won a new TV! It is a 40" Flat Screen HDTV! I love it so much! MOVIE PARTY IN MY APARTMENT! haha jk!
Life is good!







You should totally have a movie party in your apartment!
ReplyDelete