Saturday, October 1, 2011

"There is Great Power in Prayer!"

What an amazing day! I just love General Conference and the messages that I get to hear when I listen! It is unreal! Let me tell you a little bit about how I get ready for General Conference. A few days before it starts I sit down and evaluate my life. I come up with a list of questions or topics that I need help on. I pray about these and study about them in the days leading up to the Conference Sessions. Then during Conference I sit with my notebook and pen and write whatever the speakers say that I love. All of my questions are always answered. Another thing that I do is a pray. I always pray that I will be able to pay attention and that I will get the things out of Conference that I need to. I also always pray that there will be a temple built in Wyoming. This is something that a lot of people from that great state pray about. We have waited for such a long time and even though we have so many temples in the surrounding states we would love to have our own.

TODAY, our PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED! There will be a new temple built in Star Valley Wyoming! What a great thing for the LDS people. I am so excited to see where it will be built and what it will look like. Unfortunately, this will not be my temple when I am home. My district will still travel to Utah to go to the temple (my temple is the Ogden temple, but it is closed for remodeling, I'm not sure which temple they are sending us to now). I still plan on going to the Star Valley Wyoming temple as much as I can (it's only a 3 hour drive, that's nothing, it takes 2 to get to a Utah temple from my house!) President Monson made the announcements about the temples this morning. The first temple he announced was the new Provo, Utah temple. My roommates and I were so excited for this one! It will be great to have 2 temples so close to me in Provo. Then I listened for the other announcements. I always hope that Wyoming will be called, but it never is. I was sitting there listening patiently thinking in my mind how cool it would be if Wyoming got one and he announced it! I dropped my notebook and pen and just screamed I was so excited. Tears came to my eyes when I realized that the prayers of the Saints in Wyoming were answered! What a glorious day!

The sessions today were amazing. I am looking forward to listening to Conference again tomorrow!

I know that these men were called of God! I know that this is the true gospel. I know that Joseph Smith was called of God and that he restored the gospel to the Earth on this dispensation. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it holds the answers to the questions that we have. I know that my Heavenly Father knows me personally. He hears and answers my prayers and he has a divine plan for me. I know that families are eternal and that I will be able to be with my family forever. I know that Christ died for me so that I may become perfect again and so that I may live with my Father in Heaven! I know that this church is true. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet today! I know that these things are true! I love this gospel so much and I really do not know where my life would be today without it!

One thing that really hit me today was the infinite Love that my Father in Heaven has for me! He knows me and wants me to do my very best. He has a great and eternal plan for me. I need to trust in his timing and be prepared for whatever comes my way. Whatever happens to me will only make me stronger. He will not lead me astray. When I feel small and alone, he is there for me. He comforts me when I need comforted. He listens when I need to talk to him. I matter to him, even when I think I don't. He loves me and I LOVE HIM! I AM A DAUGHTER OF GOD! 


To quote from the Young Women's Theme. 

"We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him. 
We will "stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places"




I am proud to be a member of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints! 

2 comments: