Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Day of Rest!

Sunday, January 15, 2012 
Hello Everyone! Are you sick of all of my blog posts. Hopefully sometime in the near future they will be a lot more fun to read and will have a ton of pictures and stories on them. Right now, life is very boring, which makes it hard to be here. 
Today was Sunday. Our second Sunday in New Zealand. I counted today at church and there were about 10-15 white people in our ward. It is a lot of fun to hear the couple of different languages. It does make it a little hard to pay attention though. I don’t understand anything that they are saying, but that’s okay. Now I know what my little ELL kids feel like. 

After church I ran upstairs to my bedroom so that I could skype with my family. I love and miss them so much. I got to talk to Zoe, Robby, my Dad, and Alice. It was great. Zoe gave me a hug through the phone and asked me what I wanted to be for Halloween. She told me she was going to be Beauty and the Beast but that she needed silver hair like mine. She then said “Whatever will I do.” She also told me a secret. She told me that Robby got a pogo stick for Christmas. I said yeah I know I was there and she just started laughing and said “oh yeah I remember now!” Silly little girl. Rob told me everything that he has been up to. Dad just told me how mom was doing and how work is going, we don’t usually talk for too long, but it is great to hear his voice and hear him. Unfortunately my camera wasn’t working so they couldn’t see me. Sad Day. Alice is just always fun to talk to. I could talk to her for ever if I could. If there is one thing I think I will learn on this trip it is that my family means the world to me. It is so very hard to be away from them, but I know this is where I am supposed to be. Everything will work out. 

Tonight we hung out with Sister Samuela (her name is spelled wrong) and her daughter and son. They kept asking us questions about America. They were great! The only idea they have about America is what they have seen in movies, and we all know how far off that is. We were laughing like crazy about the questions they would ask. 

Now I am just getting ready for bed. We have school again tomorrow. We start Maths (if you don’t add the s when talking to people from New Zealand they have NO IDEA what you are talking about). 

Well, until tomorrow! 
Love ya lots and don’t forget to write or comment or something (just kidding you don’t have to!) 
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment