Saturday February 4, 2012
This morning we woke up, got all packed and got ready to leave Queenstown! I love this place and I don’t want to leave, but it will be a fun adventure. Today after we checked out of the hostel we loaded the vans with our stuff and then walked around town one last time to make any last minute purchases. I walked to the post office and mailed a postcard to my sister and the rest of my family. Then I walked to the sweet shop, bought one last package of green apple bon bons (so delicious) and one more square of Irish Creme Fudge and then walked to Fergburger. We were all getting one last one before we left. We ate them and then loaded the vans and headed to Christchurch. It’s roughly about a 7 hour car ride. We had some fun girls in our van and had some fun and interesting conversations (mostly we talked about our first kiss, so great).
After many hours of driving and a few stops later (we stopped at this most beautiful lake, I have never seen such an amazing color of blue before), we made it to Christchurch. We went to our hotel, no hostel for us this time, and checked in! There are kitchens in our room! How great is that, and we have internet! I got to talk to my sister through iMessages and it was wonderful!
Today was mostly just driving so nothing too exciting!
P.S. I have been gone for a month! How crazy is that!
No comments:
Post a Comment