Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Milford Sound!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Today we loaded our three vans and headed to Milford Sound! This is about a 5 hour drive! Mildford Sound is part of Fiordland, towards the bottom of New Zealand. I have been really excited for this trip! We are going on a day cruise to see the beautiful scenery. The first part of the trip was kind of boring, but then we started up the mountains and it turned BEAUTIFUL. You could see some of the snow on the mountains and see a bunch of waterfalls and trees. I can’t describe in words how beautiful it is. We decided that the closest thing we could think of to describe it was Jurassic Park. At one point we had to go through this huge tunnel, that was only a one way road! It reminded me so much of FMC (the mine that my dad works in)! 

When we came out of the tunnel we were at Milford Sound. We got on the boat and headed out for 2 hours. I have never seen anything so beautiful in my entire life. There were so many waterfalls and the mountains were amazing! Just look at the pictures and tell me what you think! Part of it reminded us of Pirates of the Caribbean (when we were going into the mist). The boat ride was great until we got out to the Tasman sea. That’s when we started hitting waves. I was okay for a minute and then I started feeling a little sick, but luckily I made it through! On the way back to land we saw a bunch of sea lions! I had never seen one before! They were really neat! Be prepared for picture overload! 


























I loved Milford Sound I would stay there forever if I could! 

The drive back was about the same as the drive there. I did notice though that the South Island looks a lot like Wyoming. The grass is brown, there are a lot of farms, and animals, and the wind is constantly blowing, plus the temperature is very mild. It is like a different version of home, without my family =(. 

No comments:

Post a Comment