Sunday, September 30, 2012

Who am I?

A few years ago I wrote a blog post entitled, "Who am I and who do I want to become?" Today during church my bishop asked us who we were. These lessons always get me thinking. I always get caught up in the little day to day things that I forget who I am. I need those reminders every once in awhile to get me back on track. So, here we go.

WHO AM I? 
- I am Emily May Atkinson.
- I am a Daughter, a sister, an aunt, and a friend.
- I am a 5th grade teacher at Cedar Valley Elementary.
- I am in love with sports of all kinds.
- I am a world traveler.
- I am a reader.
- I am a Harry Potter and LotR nerd.
- I am shy, but working on being outgoing.
- I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
- I am a Daughter of my Heavenly Father.
- I AM ENOUGH!

I could probably keep going, but I'm not going too.

This year has been great so far. I have had my fair share of disappointments, but I am trying to always have a positive, outgoing, outlook on life. I am loving teaching my adorable 5th graders. I know I was put in that school and in that class for a reason. They have probably taught me more than I have taught them. I seriously love going to work everyday, even though I am up at the crack of dawn and am at school late. I have no life, but that doesn't bother me. Everything that I do right now is for my kids.

I love my new ward this year. I went in with the mindset to get to know everyone that I could. I have made some wonderful friends that have helped me so much. So far this year has been great. I am working on becoming the exact person that I want to become. It is hard and I falter all the time, but I always try to get back on track. I will get their eventually.

I can't believe that life is moving so quickly. In April I will be graduating and in May I will be completing my first year of teaching. I used to be afraid of growing up and becoming an adult. I'll let you in on a little secret, it isn't as scary as I thought it would be. Yes, there is that uncertainty of the future. Will I find a job next year? Am I ever going to get married? Where am I going to live? I try not to dwell on questions like that all the time. It makes things seem overwhelming. Right now I am just taking life one step at a time. THERE IS JOY IN THE JOURNEY! EMBRACE EVERY LITTLE THING THAT COMES YOUR WAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment