Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Growing Up=YIKES
Today has been one of those, I'm starting to get older (growing up) days. For the first time in two years, I saw a boy from my freshman ward on campus. He is back from his mission. That just seems impossible to me that they are coming back already. For the last two years there have been very few boys, my age, at BYU, and now they are back. TRIPPY. I knew that they would come back, just not so soon. Okay, so it's been two years, but wow! haha
Today is also my last day of classes (besides Math and Health) on campus for a month. Starting tomorrow I will be teaching second grade! Again, I knew this was coming, but not this soon! I'm not ready to be a teacher and be responsible for other people's children! What if I mess up. I'm not ready to be a grown up. Tomorrow I will officially be Miss Atkinson! Weird! Maybe I will be a cool teacher and have the students call me Emily because Miss Emily makes everything too official.
My roommate Tausha and I have talked about this a couple of times the last couple of weeks. We were noticing that a lot of the NBA players are our age! I remember thinking they were sooo old when I was little. Want to know a secret? They aren't old. Some are older than me, some are my age, and some are YOUNGER than me! WHAT??!?! I seriously never thought this would happen! What is happening in the world. There must be some rift in the time space continuum (I don't know if those are the words I want).
Also, my nephew turns 9 on Friday! He can't be that old already?! He informed me the other day, when he found out I was 20 (21 in July) that he had no idea I was that old! I just love that kid!
Okay, so I'm not old! I just hate the fact that I am growing up and that I have to make so many life decisions! I miss the days of just worrying about who to play with at recess or what book to get at the library!
Anyways, today has been a good day! I handed in my massive management paper! Hallelujah! Good to get that out of the way. By the time I finished it, it was 18 pages long! I also got the first part of my New Zealand application filled out. My liaison teacher has okayed me to go and I have asked one professor for a letter of recommendation. All that is left is one more letter and an essay that I need to write. I will officially know if I am going at the end of the month! YIKES. I have the mindset that if I get accepted then that is great and I will go. If I don't get accepted though it will be okay. There is a reason and I will figure it out! Tonight is also the basketball game! Should be good, hopefully! Brandon Davies got kicked off the team yesterday, so hopefully everyone steps it up so we can pull off a win!
Well I guess I better start studying for my math test!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I have been thinking a lot about the whole "growing up" situation. I think I finally understood something. Life never gets any easier. It wasn't easy when we were 6 years old and it won't be easy when we're 60 years old. For that age, our problems were monumental. As we grow and progress, our problems become more complex, different or harder.
ReplyDeleteAnd you should check out Taylor Swift's song "Never Grow Up". It's a good one.
I agree with Daphna, but, I do think as we get to be in our retired age, things kind of get a little bit more established. Yes, we have to deal with death more frequently, but, I don't know...hahah! Growing up has been an adventure for sure!
ReplyDelete