Monday, April 4, 2011

Random Ramblings on Life.

What a day. I guess you could say that today was one of those, "I woke up on the wrong side of the bed" kind of day. I don't know how this works exactly considering I can only get up on one side of my bed, but that is besides the point. By 7:30 a.m. I knew that today was going to be a long day.


First thing that went wrong, I slept through my alarm. I woke up with enough time to get ready but had to race out the door so I wasn't late for class. Next thing that went wrong, I went out to my car to drive to campus and well I forgot that it had snowed the day before and that it was now frozen to my car. After 20 minutes of scraping, and cuts on my hands, I finally had enough off that I could see. I forgot to mention that when I hurried out to leave for school, I forgot to pack a lunch and I hadn't eaten breakfast. Hungry Emily=grouchy Emily. Today was also my first full day back on campus for a month. I did not want to be there. I would much rather be with my kids. Another reason for being grouchy. I called my mom and complained to her and all she said was, well it is up to you to turn this day around. Not what I wanted to hear. I went to class and made it and then decided to treat myself to lunch at Brick Oven.


It turned out my day wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I just needed to calm down and look on the bright side of things.


I have had a lot on my mind lately. I have been waiting patiently (or not) to hear back about New Zealand. Still no word. Hopefully this week. I have also been stressing big time about the end of the semester and all the papers, projects, and final exams that I have. I shouldn't be stressing too much about this because I have done it before I have done it again. Another thing that has been on my mind, along with everyone else's is dating. Now, I'm not writing this because I want to be bashing everyone, and I do not want to convince anyone to date me. That is not my intention. I just feel that everywhere I turn there is some sort of talk or discussion on dating. It is hard to get away from it all. The boys are being told that they need to get on it and the girls are being told that they need to do some things as well. This is obviously a big deal if it is being talked about everywhere. I found some really great articles that I think everyone should read. One is for the girls, but the boys can read it too (if I have any boys that actually read this blog). The other one is just a good one in general. It is called Making the Most of Your Single Years. I think this is something that we all need to do. We all need to live our life and be willing to accept whatever happens. Don't sit around pining, wishing that something would happen. Go out have fun, and MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN. Another thing that needs to be mentioned is the lack of communication. People think that they when they do something that another person will get the message. That is not true. Men and Women communicate completely different. We need to break this language barrier and just talk to each other. No more of this I will talk to you sometimes and then ignore you and this is suppose to tell you that I like you. If you like someone let them know. If you don't like someone let them know. Don't lead them around on a string. That is rude and you both need to get on with your lives. These are just some observations I have made the last couple of weeks/days. 


Sorry about the ramblings. 


Here are the talks. 
Advice to Young Women!
Making the Most of Our Single Years!


Sorry about the rant. I will get off of my soapbox. 

1 comment: