January 11, 2012
Ah man! I am behind again! Ugh, this is not working well. Today was just like every other day so far. Just school, school and more school. We are almost done with literacy and assessment! Wahoo! Only 2 more days!
Today for dinner we had “pies”. They were very delicious! I would eat them all the time, I think. I had a piece of chicken pie. We also had salad. This time in the salad were avocado's. I had never had an avocado before so I made up my mind that I was going to try it. I took a deep breath, prepared myself and took a bite. I didn’t mind the taste, but that texture, oh that texture. Not something I liked. I don’t think I will be eating them very often, but who knows maybe at some point I will eventually like them.
Tonight after dinner we just sat around the table and talked and laughed. It was good to laugh. I hadn’t laughed that much since I have been here. I am trying to be happy and have a positive attitude. I am definitely trying my hardest.
Things are starting to look up. I think we will make it! I am excited to start being done with school so that we can go out and do some fun things instead of just doing homework all the time. I am excited to travel around and see what this place has to offer. I am excited to try some new things (not bungee jumping or sky diving), but maybe jumping off the Auckland sky tower. We’ll see. I am excited to teach the adorable kids here in New Zealand. They are the most beautiful kids ever! I just love them.
Well time for some homework. We have to write a quiz for our class tomorrow! FUN! (NOT!)
Love ya lots!
Em
No comments:
Post a Comment