January 10, 2012
Today was just school again. Only 3 more days of my Literacy and Assessment Class left. It is crazy to think that a week ago today I took off from Salt Lake to come here to New Zealand. At times the time seems to go very quickly and at times it is very very slow! I mean I only have 2 and half more weeks of BYU classes left, but at the same time I have only been in New Zealand for a week. It is so weird how time works.
Today I was trying to decide if I really wanted to go to Australia at the end of this trip. I wasn’t going too, but I think that I will. How often do you get to go to Australia, I mean I am already half way across the world and my plane tickets are already bought. Now I just need to figure everything else out. I have time though, lots of time.
Tonight we have just been doing homework. Okay so I may or may not have been playing Zuma from the time I got out of school until about 7:30, but now I am doing my homework. Zuma is very relaxing to me, even though I do yell at my computer from time to time. For dinner we had salads and chicken. I have never eaten so much salad before. It actually doesn’t taste too bad, I know shock coming from my mouth right!?
Today we decided that as a group we are going to go horse back riding on the beach next weekend. That should be fun! I haven’t rode a horse in such a long time. I have a feeling that I will be super sore at the end, but it will be beautiful.
Tonight we also tried a few of the New Zealand “lollies” (candy). I of course at a cadbury milk chocolate (yummy), and I tried a flake (layers of chocolate, it kind of falls apart in your mouth), and I tried Turkish Delight. Now that one I wasn’t so sure about. I had only heard about Turkish Delight from the chronicles of Narnia. This is a candy form of turkish delight. Basically it has a jelly center with chocolate on the outside. I didn’t so much care for it! Yuck!
Can I just tell you how much this not having a blow dryer or a straightener is killing me! My hair looks terrible and I look terrible and there is nothing I can do about it. Now how am I supposed to find Luke (inside joke with my family), while looking like this?! P.S. No sign of Luke yet, but I am looking!
Now I am just finishing homework and figuring out what I need to do for tomorrow. I have lots to do, an online class, and figuring out my student teaching/intern application. Fun stuff!
Well that is all for tonight! Nothing too terribly exciting going on!
Keep in touch.
Love you lots,
Em
No comments:
Post a Comment