January 18, 2012
Another long day in New Zealand. Today did go very fast though, which is nice. We again had maths all day. We did some way fun activities, including one that dealt with dinosaurs, one with rocket ships, and one with a giant. I will explain the one with the giant in a minute. I sat at a table with a bunch of girls that I haven’t hung out with too much before. They were cracking me up the entire time. It was a lot of fun to sit and laugh with them.
Okay, on to the giant activity. Yesterday we talked about using different parts of your body to measure how tall you are, how long your arms are, etc. Today we were given this giant hand and were told that our task was to figure out how tall the giant was and to draw him. Oh man did we have a good time with that activity. Our giant turned out quite nicely, if I do say so myself.
We also practiced writing upside down. It is a lot more difficult then you expect it to be, as is evidenced by my horrendous handwriting.
Today we had no rain! It is a new record. During our lunch break we decided to sit outside and enjoy the sun for awhile. It felt so good to be out there soaking up the rays. I even got a little color on my arms! Wahoo! Unfortunately it got very hot and it took me the rest of the day to cool down. I decided that I would be okay if it rained a little everyday because it isn’t quite as hot.
Tonight we did homework. It didn’t take very long. We just had to figure out how many total presents you get in the 12 days of Christmas (only the New Zealand version). I started working a little bit more on my CPSE class. I didn’t get to far because unfortunately, allergies still exist in a beautiful country like New Zealand. Meh. Right now I am laying on my bed, writing this, and watching Harry Potter!
Well I guess I should go be productive or something!
Love,
Em
No comments:
Post a Comment