Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Church!

March 26, 2012 

Today was church. I love church and I love that we get to go together as a group. It makes me happy when I am able to go to church and renew the covenants that I have made with my Father in Heaven. The week always seems to go a lot better. 

After church we all changed clothes and then headed back to the Tribal Lights to cook dinner. We decided to make Navajo Tacos. They were really tasty. Not quite as good as my sisters, or the ones at Rendezvous, but they were still really tasty! Yum! IT was fun to introduce James and the host family to this, because it is very much an American thing. They did tell us that the Maori’s make fry bread, and sometimes they put hamburgers on them! Yum! I may have to try that when I get home to the states. 

James then took us to see these two really beautiful lakes. They are called the green lake and the blue lake. It was dark so we couldn’t really see the color, but they looked beautiful. The Green lake is sacred to the Maori people. You are not allowed to swim in it or anything! It was so beautiful! 


When we got back to the house the family hooked up a projector and a laptop so we could watch a movie while we fell asleep. We decided on Tangled. I love that movie, but unfortunately I was exhausted and fell asleep right after the opening song. I did have an interesting dream that night though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment