Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sydney, Australia


April 8, 2012 
Happy Easter! Today consisted of more packing, fun for me! After I got my suit case packed yet again we headed to the airport and took off for Sydney. This was the best plane ride yet! I had the entire middle row to myself. I spread out across the entire thing and relaxed. Why can’t all plane rides be like this. 
After we landed, we got a cab and headed to our hotel. Can you say Ghetto! It was super sketchy. We went down to the McDonalds next door, used the wifi, got some dinner and headed to bed! We were super exhausted. 

April 9, 2012 
My favorite day by far in Australia. Today we woke up and headed to the Featherdale Wildlife Refuge. It is like a zoo, but a lot of the animals are just wandering around. I was super excited because I wanted to see a kangaroo really bad and guess what! I not only got to see one but I also got to pet it and feed it. I also got to pet a wombat and a koala bear. They are all sooo cute. 











Wombat! 

After the zoo we got on the train and headed into the city. There were a few things that were on my bucket list that I wanted to do here, and guess what. I did them all. It was amazing how beautiful the Sydney harbour bridge and the opera house were. I remember seeing them in the olympics and thinking how amazing they were. Let me tell you, they are even cooler up close. We walked around, ate at a very delicious restaurant and then headed to the opera house to take a tour. 
It was so beautiful inside! I couldn’t believe it! After the tour the lady said, there is a concert tonight and I have tickets for $25 for anyone that would like them! Of course we did! So what did I do that last night (for me at least) in Australia! I went to a Tony Bennett concert in the Sydney Opera House! AHH!HH!!!
What a great end to such an unbelievable trip! 























No comments:

Post a Comment